Winchester Pride Coming Soon
Follow us on social media and sign up to our email list to find out all the latest news
In 2014, representatives from the University of Winchester and Hampshire County Council launched Hampshire Pride. Over the years, the festival grew in size until the Pandemic put a spanner in the works. Having regrouped, the Committee is excited to bring a pride event back to Winchester. With so many great Pride events now across Hampshire, we are focusing in on the Winchester District.
We haven’t got a confirmed date for Winchester Pride just yet so please sign up to our email list to be among the first to know when we do!
Our objective is to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for all persons living in the Winchester District and to work to end discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and/or gender identity. The key values underpinning all our activities are community, equity and solidarity.
- We’ll work to raise awareness and celebrate the life, history and future of the LGBTQ+ community in the Winchester District
- We’ll support campaigns and organisations which provide support and combat issues affecting LGBTQ+ people in the Winchester District
- We’ll stage an annual, inclusive and family-friendly LGBTQ+ Pride Festival, with fundraising events throughout the year
Interim Chair – Gary Whiter (He/Him)
Interim Deputy Chair & Secretary – Matt Brindley-Sadler (He/Him)
Trustee & Treasurer – Vacant
Trustee & Operations Lead – Libby Hayes (She/Her)
Trustee & Marketing/PR Lead – Vacant
Trustee & Entertainments Lead – Vacant
Trustee – Marcus Roe (He/Him)
We are inviting members of the LGBTQ+ community and their allies to apply to get involved either as a Trustee or as a Member contributing to one of the working groups:
- Marketing & PR – Help us to spread the word and raise vital funds
- Entertainments – Work with performers and venues to make our festival one to remember for all the family
We are an inclusive organisation and particularly welcome applications from under-represented communities.
Please send us an email at email@example.com explaining what you can bring to the party.